After posting testing vegan recipes – chocolate mocha cupcakes,I got a quite a lot of likes
and comments (compared to my other posts) which tells me that you guys enjoyed it, so I thought that I would do this type of post more often and make it like a series or something ? I’m not entirely sure but I think I’ll be doing more of these posts!
Anyway back to this .
I recently tried this amazing recipe from http://www.atiliay.com called The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever! And they were pretty damn good ! I made a few changes – as I always seem to do for some reason – I wouldn’t say they were necessary but I did anyway.
I wasn’t able to get photos of making the cookie dough as my phone died at the time sorry guys !
To see the original recipe Click Here
Changes I made :
- I used almond milk instead of soy
- I used 400g of choc chips instead of 350g (12oz)
- I used regular vegan margarine instead of soy
This is my version :
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla paste
- 400g (14 oz) dairy-free dark chocolate chips.
- 1 cup of vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup soft light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/4 plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- With a hand mixer, blend together the vegan margarine and both types of sugar. Once blended, add the almond milk and vanilla. Mix well; the mixture should be a creamy consistency.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt to the butter mixture, mix with a hand mixer. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll small balls of dough in the palm of your hands pressing down to create thick disk shape.
- Lay them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, be sure not to place them too close together, they will spread slightly.When putting multiple things on one tray it’s best to align them in a zigzag pattern as heatwave move in a zig-zag in the oven , so this makes for a more even bake.
- Bake at 350F(Gas mark 4) for about 10-15 minutes (if you make them larger like I did, if not then 8-10 minutes) or until edges are brown. If you like chewy cookies, take them out of the oven right as the edges turn light brown.
These cookies are amazing ! Even my non- vegan family said they were the best cookies the had ever tried ! I wouldn’t do anything differently if I was to make them again, they were pretty perfect if I do say so myself 😀
In the original recipe it seem like the cookies spread a lot, because they start off as little balls and the final picture they are big, but mine didn’t spread that much. I have no idea why, maybe the different milk or the margarine or something ? If anyone knows why then please let me know thanks !
They are soft chewy slightly crisp at the edges and super dooper chocolatey ! I enjoyed mine with some almond milk and the were very delicious .I think they would be nice with some nuts in them like hazelnuts or maybe even pistachios.
These would also make a great gift for your loved ones !
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you try the recipe . If you do let me know in the comments what you think and if there is anything you would do differently , I always love hearing from you all.
See you again soon ! x